How to put together truly romantic dates for you and your significant other should be at the top of your list if you really want to impress him or her.
The most popular spot for romance is on the waterfront, like the ocean or lakeside for a moonlit sail or a romantic picnic with a nice bottle of wine. Relaxing together in the sand or on a boat for the day or the evening gives you the perfect opportunity for talking, laughing or just plain daydreaming together, and then cooling off in the refreshing water.
Most dates in other locations all involve food, wine, music and/or candlelight. But, for totally unique romantic dates, here are some interesting dating tips to get you started on creating the hot love-life that you really want with lots of opportunities for true romance in your dating life.
1. Go to an Art Gallery An Art Gallery visit is an inexpensive date that can lead to plenty of fun plus thought-provoking conversations. You can visit a small local gallery or a large national gallery. Either one can transport you and your love to an entirely new world of stimulating art, whether its paintings or sculpture, modern or traditional. Together, you can fantasize about which ones you would put in your mansion someday.
2. Tour a Winery Together If you both like wine that is, go for the day to a nearby winery or, even better, go for the weekend to wine country. Learning how the wine is made and tasting different varietals can be very romantic. Buy a bottle or two of your favorites to drink later over a romantic dinner or on a picnic.
3. Take in a Movie after Dinner Sure, dinner and a movie may seem like an old cliche, but frankly it still works. Make sure to pick a nice cozy restaurant with great ambiance and light fare so that you'll both have room left for popcorn. Choose a movie that you'll both enjoy, not just what one person wants to see and the other does not. Nothing can put a damper on romantic dates like one party being bored to death or totally turned off by a flick that is totally outside their comfort zone. For a fun change of pace, try a matinee or, if there's still one of them in your town or nearby, check out a good old-fashioned drive-in movie. Very romantic.
4. Enjoy some Music Together Who doesn't love music of some kind? Music brings couples together, so whether you're rock, country or classical fans, you're sure to find a genre that you can both agree on. Take in a live local concert that features your favorite band. When you're graced with warm weather, try going to an outdoor concert in the park or anywhere there's grass to spread your blanket and enjoy. Another option is a musical or a symphony. Sitting close together and listening to beautiful music can be magical.
5. Go to the Zoo, an Aquarium or a Theme Park Doing something childlike can bring you much closer together. Zoos and aquariums have a way of working their magic on lovers. Who among us doesn't love animals of all shapes and sizes, as well as the undersea wonders that abound at aquariums? Plan on a full day to see everything or schedule it into the evening for magical nighttime lights and views like they have at Sea World or Disney. And, chances are they might even have a fireworks display at night for an even more romantic end to your date.